Conformance to open industry standards, flexibility, scalability and reliability are cornerstones of Remsdaq's ability to respond to utility transmission and distribution substation automation requirements alike. Callistonx, its supportive hardware and software library, together with Celestenx user interface facilities together provide the overarching solution to meet even the most demanding substation applications.
Callistonx is not just an IEC 61850 compliant logical device; the extent of its configurable hardware, database and logical node software enables it to be tailored to meet a wide variety of applications that would commonly occupy multiple logical devices. The powerful, flexible building block properties of Callistonx and Celestenx seamlessly assemble for a total distributed substation automation solution that may encompass:
- Multiple fault tolerant Ethernet Station Bus arrangements, physically presented as 100 BaseFX or as 10/100 BaseT(X), plus optional 100 BaseFX Process Bus to handle raw sampled data.
- Callistonx Bay Controller with flexible physical I/O and configurable logical node functionality for virtualisation of diverse substation plant requirements. For more stringent system requirements the Callistonx bay controller can be deployed in a bumpless transfer hot standby configuration.
- Direct VT, protection CT and measurement CT interfaces to a single Callistonx fully integrates protection, protection related functions and automatic process control as well as highly accurate metering and measurement logical node groups in a single logical device.
- Multiple serial interfaces on each Callistonx, physically presented as isolated RS 232, isolated RS 485 or fiber and with configurable interface protocols to support legacy IEDs and other serially connected devices.
- Extensive database capacity, flexible protocol library, integral GPS option and comprehensive communication interfaces, coupled with peer to peer station bus communication, ensures that a Callistonx processing node also efficiently satisfies any requirement for hierarchical gateway communication with a SCADA or dispatch control center. Fault tolerance is inherently provided by merely replicating the Callistonx gateway.
- Embedded pre-designed application library for commonly encountered automation applications such as synchro-check, auto-reclosing, OLTC and under-frequency load shedding are complimented with the IEC 61131-3 PILoTnx user programmable logic that executes peer-to-peer across the networked Callistonx processing nodes.
- Sequence of event recording to a system-wide accuracy of better than 1 millisecond across the entire station bus. GPS sources can be optionally provided as an internal build option to the Callistonx processing node or provided from an external device. Build options are available for multiple redundancy of the GPS source.
- Flexible database I/O and functionality configuration with CaSEnx which provides the necessary tools for construction of a single line diagram of the target substation, creation of an overall substation configuration description file for all Callistonx logical nodes via an extendable library of generic definitions and downloading configured XML files to the individual Callistonx nodes across the station bus.
- Individual bay level HMI via Touchnx to support local plant monitoring, operation and diagnostics via a highly configurable full colour graphics panel mounted touch screen terminal.
- Powerful Energy Edition Celestenx substation HMI configured in single computer? or fully redundant hot standby configuration. Celestenx provides all requisite operator interface requirements for safe and secure substation supervision and control, together with substation management tools for access and setting of protection devices, plant tagging, reports and archiving.
- Automatic upload of the XML database from Callistonx bay controllers to Celestenx thus facilitating single point system configuration from CaSEnx to simplify system design and safeguard against errors often encountered with multiple levels of system data entry.
- Password authenticated web browser access to individual Callistonx bay controllers or gateways locally via the station bus or remotely via an approved internet or intranet connection for extensive monitoring and diagnostic facilities, authorised control, parameter checking and setting and report acquisition via Viewnx.
Remsdaq is ready to respond to your substation automation requirements with a system engineered and configured from a standard library of field proven hardware and software modules.